Madison’s Good Character & Citizenship programs offer our members opportunities to develop leadership capabilities and make a difference in their community.
- Promotes the development of a positive self-image and strong character
- Teaches positive and effective strategies for responding to conflict
- Encourages the development of meaningful relationships with others
- Empowers youth to support and influence their Club and community
- Teaches respect for both their own and others’ cultures
Service projects encourage members to become caring, responsible members of their community, while young people cultivate their leadership skills by organizing clothes and food drives, volunteering at public events, and leading projects in their neighborhoods. And teen members participate in the Youth of the Year program, the premier national recognition program for Boys & Girls Clubs of America members, which honors and celebrates young people who have distinguished themselves by rising above challenging circumstances.