The Roots of the Navy Yard Clubhouse
In the early 1900's, thanks to the efforts of former U.S. Senator William Calder, the Navy Yard Boys Club was thriving spot for young boys in Brooklyn's historic Navy Yard neighborhood. After 4 moves throughout the area, the current Navy Yard Clubhouse was first erected in 1977. However, in 1983, the Boys Club merged with Madison Square Boys & Girls Club and has since been the second home to youth in the Fort Greene/Farragut section of Brooklyn.
Posted on Thu, March 15, 2018
by Gabby Schiraldi