Our Formula for Positive Youth Development
Madison provides targeted programs to young people who need us most. The Clubhouse environment fulfills five key elements that foster effective youth development and empower our young people to succeed:
- A Safe, Stable, Positive place that ensures physical and emotional safety
- Fun activities that foster connections to peers and staff
- Supportive Relationships that reinforce that all members are cared for
- Abundant opportunities to explore interests and build new skills
- Recognition and positive reinforcement for young people’s accomplishments
Our Priority Outcomes
The positive, enriching Club experience helps each of our members make progress toward our priority outcomes:
- Academic Success programs ensure that our members have the support they need to succeed throughout their academic life and graduate from high school ready to pursue college or a career
- Good Character & Citizenship programs offer our members opportunities to develop leadership capabilities and make a difference in their community
- Healthy Lifestyles programs encourage our members to adopt a healthy diet, practice positive lifestyle choices and make a lifelong commitment to fitness
Madison's program outcomes demonstrate the positive impact we are having in our communities.
Madison's Clubhouses provide life-changing services to young people in under-resourced communities in Brooklyn and the Bronx.
Meet Our Members
The best way to understand what Madison Square Boys & Girls Club can do is through the stories of young people whose lives have been changed by being a member of the Club.